Tuesday, March 15, 2011

A Beach Cottage Dream

I'm a gal that loves color!Every room in my house has been painted and repainted ,several  times, in several different colors,over the last 11 years. So why am I so  drawn to  white right now? I want  all the walls white! Lately,I have been dreaming that my hubby and I will be able to unload this  large home and move into a little cottage, downtown in the historic district, with all white walls, with pops of bright color everywhere.But, this really is a dream...we have 5 kids, and hopefully soon will be grandparents, so a little cottage probably isn't an option, but if it were,these rooms are a great inspiration for me.Do you adore or abhor white walls?

What a cozy nook.


This is so me.


Ahhh......


This table rocks!

Of course I would have my blue and white.
Photos. Coastal Living, A Beach Cottage, Country Living, House Beautiful, Decor Pad

7 comments:

Calypso In The Country said...

I love white walls too! It seemed to take me forever to get all my rooms painted the way I wanted them and now that every room has color, I am wanting white again! My husband would kill me if I ever told him that! I love all of your inspiration photos! They are all gorgeous! I really wish I had a beach house...

Completely Coastal said...

You are speaking my dream language. I want to sell our home and find a cool cozy cottage!#2 looks really great. Although in my vision the floors are dark wood.

I thought so..., a driftwood mirror is quite an undertaken..., but you have started at least!! Let me know when you're done!

Becca Bertotti said...

I'm literally drooling over these pics! Ohmygosh, I could live in any one of these spaces. Thanks for sharing! My parents live on the ocean, and I've been trying to talk them into changing their color scheme to white and creamy colors ... I may show them these beauties to help *encourage* them to let me start playing in their space! Thanks again for your visit and kind comment. I'm your newest follower. *Becca*

www.adventuresindecorating1.blogspot.com

Barb@curlywillowdiy said...

Hey there! I'm new to your blog and your newest follower. I love all things beach, too. Your post today really speaks to me. I'm posting my family room later tonight and it's about my struggle for a white room and my love of color. Hope you can stop by later and check it out.
Barb

Leo said...

I love photo number 2. It's so beautiful. I love white too.

Arabella said...

I love them all - I'm kind of in an all white frame of mind lately too though usually I love color. Must be Spring fever or something ;o)

michelle said...

Oh my these are beautiful!! I love that cozy nook and that bathroom...yes please!!