Friday, March 11, 2011

Salt Of The Earth Salt Of The Sea

I write this post today with a heavy heart. .Three years ago today  I lost my my dear  father  to Bladder Cancer.He fought a very long and courageous battle.Sure, the pain lessens, but never goes away.There is a void in my life that can never be filled,but I am able to take comfort in the fact he is with God and all the angels in heaven...My father was the "Salt of The Earth".A man of  integrity and moral fortitude.A wonderful  husband, father, grand father,.a Madison Ave success story,prolific writer. and  lover of the sea While there is nothing that can  REALLY prepare you  for handling a loved one with a terminal illness and  the loss of a parent or any loved one,there are some things I learned  during the course of my father's illness and especially near the end of his life.

Pray Daily
Love Deeply
Listen Carefully
Speak Quietly
Laugh when you can
Forgive Easily
SAY EVERYTHING



The Love of his life for 52 years

The greatest dad

Always at the helm

                      ."For whatever we lose (like a you or a me),It's always our self we find in the sea"

— E.E. Cummings

I love and miss you so much daddy.

3 comments:

michelle said...

I am so sorry my friend, I will be thinking about you today. I know the love between and father and a daughter, my dad means the world to me. Your list of lessons speak so much and so true. Know that he is watching you from above and loves you so.
Hugs to you.

Simple Daisy said...

I am so sorry for your loss. Time does heal the pain....but you never ever forget and you never stop missing. Take care and know that he is still right by your side....but in a different way!!! {{{{hugs}}}}

Anonymous said...

linda --

what a great tribute. your Dad was one of the good guys.

-fp